Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shelters


Going thru one of my forums this morning. there was a topic about something called SHELTER BOX. I thought it was really neat and thought I would pass the link along for others to look at as well.



Along with that and closer to home,

Another person posted about EDAR or Everyone Deserves A Roof! Its a portable system to provide temporary shelter to a homeless person. Neat idea and another link for you to take a look at!


Something else I thought of especially with the Shelter Box is what would I need to live outside of my home on the street or on my property in case of a major catastrophe and I wasn't evacuated yet (think Katrina). Look at that Shelter box and see what you have around the house and consider making your own just in case you become homeless after a disaster. Even if you stay on your property to guard whats left of your home. Because you can pretty much figure if a major disaster happens, you are going to be on your own for about 5 days at the least before responders arrive. Again, take Katrina as an example!

Big day at work...so will cut short.

Have fun!

(P.S. Pics here are screwy...will neaten it up later.)

Ren...Bunneh...hoping not to have to live in an emergency hutch....W3BNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment